We are pleased to announce the launch of the first Eastgate community awards!
From the 1st November, entries will be open for the people of Gloucester to nominate inspiring individuals who have made positive contributions to the life of the city and its citizens throughout the last 12 challenging months.
These nominations fall under the following 5 categories:
- Inspirational Young Person (under 16)
- Inspirational Adult
- Inspirational Family
- Community Champion
- City Centre Business of the year
The winner of each category will win an amazing prize of £500 in Gloucester Gift Cards!
Key dates for this year’s awards are:
- Nominations start 1st November
- Judging & confirming short list of nominees – w/c 29th November
- Voting goes live – 6th December
- Voting closes – 15th December
- Awards & prizes to be presented on Saturday 18th December
The overall winners will be invited to an awards ceremony at Eastgate on Saturday 18th December to collect their prize and certificate.
1. You can nominate into the Eastgate Community Awards if you are 18 years old or over, and a resident of the United Kingdom, excluding anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase is necessary; however, internet access may be required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 BST on the 1st November 2021 and 23.59 GMT on the 18th December 2021 inclusive.
4. The definitions of the categories are deemed as follows:
5. Inspirational Young Person - An individual of under 16 on date of submission that is recognised as an inspiration in respect of their voluntary work; someone that has overcome or dealing with adversity; someone that shows passion and commitment for a voluntary project.
6. Inspirational Adult - An individual of 18 & over on date of submission that is recognised as an inspiration in respect of their voluntary work; someone that has overcome or dealing with adversity; someone that shows passion and commitment for a voluntary project.
7. Inspirational Family - A family who have been exceptionally special during the last year, whether this is in helping others or something entirely unique.
8. Community Champion - An individual who goes above and beyond for their community, who has made a difference.
9. City Centre business of the year - A Gloucester city centre business who stands out from the rest
10. The work/reason for nomination, has to have taken place within the Gloucester area.
11. In all cases work has to have taken place in 2021.
12. To enter please fill out the form above, providing your contact details so that we can get in touch if we need any further information
13. If you have any questions about this Promotion or if you require any assistance with the entry process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
14. A maximum of one nomination per person.
15. Winner Selection: All valid entries (subject to moderation, see point 15) will initially be judged by the Eastgate team to select a shortlist of nominations.
16. Each shortlisted individual will be contacted to ensure that they are happy to be a part of the Eastgate Community Awards, if not they will be removed and an alternative chosen.
17. The final shortlist will be displayed on the site with an opportunity for the public to vote for winners.
18. Voters will need to provide their email address during the public vote. These email addresses will only be used for the purposes of tracking the votes and will be removed once the Awards are over.
19. Voters are only allowed to vote once per day, with any additional votes being discarded.
20. Moderation: The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
21. contain any content that is considered likely to be offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
22. include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
23. defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners);
24. promotes any political agenda.
25. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their nominations to be used by the Promoter and their agents without further compensation, for up to one year for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. By entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter and their agents publishing these entries on their websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms.
26. The winners will be asked to agree to allow the Promoter the right to publish their name, surname and role for the winners list.
27. The winners must be available to attend the awards ceremony on Sat 18th Dec to collect their prize.
28. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation.
29. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including where there is infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected nominations.
30. The Promoter or their agents will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
31. Notwithstanding any other clause in these Terms and Conditions, neither the Promoter or their agents are not liable for anything arising out of the running and administration of this Promotion.
32. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
33. Personal data will be held in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation currently in force.
34. We will only use your personal data for the administration of the Promotion and for no other purpose unless we have your consent. We will only share your data with our Fulfilment Partners for the purposes of and in order to fulfil this Promotion. The Promoter will keep personal data for no longer than is necessary for relevant purposes related to this Promotion, and in any case no longer than for one year starting 1st November 2021.
35. If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
36. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
37. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.